What you will need:
- Fabric for the outside (2 pieces cut 9"x11" for the smaller bag or 13"x17" for the larger one)
- PUL fabric for the inside (cut the same as above)
- Zipper (9" for small bag or 14" for large bag)
- Matching (or contrasting) thread
- Ribbon for zipper pull
2. Sew along that top edge so that the zipper is sewn in between the inner and outer layers. Once sewn together, open the layers up so that the right sides of the material are showing.
3. To make a more finished, clean looking edge, top stitch through all the layers.
4. Place your other piece of inner material right side up on your work surface. Place your zippered piece on top of that, also right side up. Put your outside piece right side down on top of everything with the top edges all lined up. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Open up the zipper half way (this will be important when you turn the bag inside out)
6. Open up the outer material, and line them up, right sides together and do the same with the inner material. Sew along three edges, leaving the short side of the inner material open.
7. Turn the bag inside out so that you can see all of the right sides of the material. Make sure to push the corners out so that you have a sharp corner.
8. Fold in the open edges of the inner material and sew shut.
9. Push the inner material into the outer material, paying special attention to the corners. Zip shut and add your ribbon to the zipper so that it is easier to open. You are done!
Please feel free to add comments with any questions and I will try my best to clarify anything that I can.