A few of my favorite things this week...
- Pinterest, in case you don't already know is a website you can loose many hours on. It is an online cork board where you can "pin" links from all over the web. You can have multiple boards so that you can categorize your pins. I have found so many projects that I want to make, food I want to cook and photos that give me inspiration. I have already made a few things on there but my list of things that I want to make is far longer.
- Last Mother's Day, my wonderful husband and son gave me an iPad! A year later I am still so happy with it! My laptop had died right before that and this was a replacement for that. There are very few things that I can't do on it. At this point I would be lost without it.
- One of my favorite apps right now for my iPad is Draw Something. It is like playing Pictionary over the internet.
- My son was never a picky eater until a few weeks ago, but I can always get him to eat Gerber Organic Food Pouches. He gets so excited when he sees me get one out for him. I am happy to give them to him as well because it is just pureed organic fruits and vegetables.
- I have always been interested in photography and ever since I was in middle school, one of my dream jobs was to be a photographer for National Geographic. In high school I had a Cannon Rebel 35mm SLR camera and took a few photography classes with it. When digital became the norm, I started using a digital point and shoot camera and my SLR went by the wayside. I had dreamed of having a digital SLR for many years but found them very expensive and since I had a working camera it was not anything that I needed. When my son started to become very mobile, it was becoming more and more frustrating to use my point and shoot because it was so slow. When I got pregnant with my daughter, I decided it was time to upgrade. For my birthday last year, I bought myself a Nikon D3100! I am in LOVE with this camera. I am really starting to learn how to use it to the fullest extent and learning how to shoot in manual. I am loving the results I am getting! Now I just need to learn more about post processing...
- Make it and love it is my new favorite blog! There are so many great tutorials on this site and each tutorial has great photos to go along with it. The blog is also great to look at!
- I have always loved to read and I had been hesitant to move to digital because I feel like reading is a great way to unplug. After doing some research, I learned that digital books are usually a few dollars cheaper than the paperback versions and with as much as I was reading, that would make a big difference. I also learned that you can share books with other Kindle owners and since my friends and I have similar preferences, that would be helpful too. I decided that I should just take the plunge and I got a Kindle. I have to say, I love it! It makes reading much easier especially when one of your hands is always full with child! I also like that I can buy a book right from my Kindle. If I finish a book while laying in bed with a sleeping child on my chest, I can just hop online and buy another book and continue reading! I have also found that when I find a book that I would like to read, I can add it to my Amazon wish list. Next time I need a new book I can pull up this list very easily on my Kindle and I can just pick a book off that list. Easy as pie!
- The first birthday I had after my son was born, my wonderful husband bought me this necklace from by Hannah Design with my sons name and birthday on it. Now, maybe for Mother's Day, I want one with both of my kids names, like this one.