"I get by with a little help from my friends" -The Beatles
I was trying to plan my meals for the week while my kids were napping today with the plan to go grocery shopping after they got up, but when I got out my trusty meal planning worksheet, I drew a blank.
What are we going to eat this week?
Just because I have a great way to plan meals, does not mean that it makes it any easier to come up with meals to plan for. This is one task that I sometimes HATE! I get bored easily and don't want to eat the same thing week after week. I am already getting sick of hamburgers and hot dogs and summer hasn't even officially started yet.
So I decided to get a little help from my friends (Facebook friends that is), and help they did! Within minutes of posting that I was in search of some new grilling meals, I had 2 great ideas and after just a few hours, I had 10 meal ideas that had my mouth watering! After just a quick search online, I had come up with a couple ideas on my own too.
Since my friends were so good to me, I decided to pay it forward and share those ideas with you! Here is a list of some good grilling meals to help you get through the summer, straight from Facebook...thanks guys!
- McCormick chipotle marinated either pork chops or chicken breast. (Any of the McCormick seasoning packets are really tasty.)
- Lots of veggies grilled on skewers and served on a bed of quinoa. I also add Better than Bouillon veggie flavored paste to the water to give the quinoa a little extra flavor. You can add butter and fresh basil and asiago cheese to it once it's cooked for a delicious treat!
- Grilled flank steak with grilled onions and peppers. Add some tortillas and beans and a little cheese or sour cream and you have fajitas--from the grill!
- Pork ribs with BBQ sauce
- Honey mustard grilled chicken with vegetables
- I'm into fish tacos now! A little fish goes a long way if you stuff the tortillas w/ black beans and red cabbage :) I rub the fish w/ Cajun seasoning and grill on a cedar plank. It cooks quickly and it's fun outdoor picnic food :)
- Beer can chicken
- Teriyaki chicken on a stick
- Marinate a boneless pork tenderloin then grill...done in no time.
- Balsamic and olive oil portobellos on the grill
- Hawaiian chicken kabobs - We had these tonight and they were delicious! I added the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple to the marinade, yum! I also marinated the chicken and pineapple separately and then used the marinade from the pineapples to make a "gravy" of sorts by adding a bit of corn starch to it and heating it up on the stove top.
- Grilled chicken and veggie salad
- Provolone stuffed pork chops with balsamic vinaigrette
"I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends" -The Beatles